Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:

Powered by Blogger

6.06.2009

The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place

Dear Blogger World

This is my first real blog of the summer. I seem to write most of my posts between June and August. So we will see if the pattern continues. This could be the first of many to come.
So it has taken me a very long time to,I guess, feel comfortable with this, but there are a lot of big things happening in my life. First off, I will be leaving everybody for 2 years starting in a few months (I would guess sometime in september). This is a big thing. It will be the ultimate test of my spiritual, emotional, and physical strength, but It's something I really want to do. I've been told that I need to serve a mission my whole life, but up until now I haven't had the chance to decide for myself. Nobody is forcing me to do it. I have decided on my own that I want to serve. It should be a great life-changing experience :D Second: It has taken me 19 years to realize that I'm growing up. Up until about February, I had never really thought about marriage. It's been a scary thought and I thought it was way too far in the future to start worrying about. But oddly enough it has crossed my mind a lot. But we'll have to wait and see how I feel about it after my mission. With Hannah married, Morgan engaged, and a lot of my college friends/neighbors married, I'm starting to wonder when my time will come. It's weird to think about how old I am. I graduated from High School over a year ago, I've finished a whole YEAR of college, and I'm Ninteen years old! Oh how time flies.
It has been so good to see everyone again. I think I have hung out with all of you at least once this summer and there are definitely more good times to come. Hiking, camping, boating, biking, long-boarding, this kind of stuff really needs to happen soon!
For me, it helps to know that people know what I'm saying/thinking/doing with my life. It's hard for me to feel content with just figuring out my own thoughts. I have to share them with somebody else. I hope you guys read this. It also makes me feel more comfortable writing more stuff. I guess we could just hang out and talk haha. But until then, here are my thoughts. Comments are wonderful :) I love you all!

~Michael

3 comments:

Leticia Chase said...

oh michaelface. this is presh. i am so glad you decided for yourself that it is something you want to do. i am so proud of you. i am glad someone else out there shares my prepardness and excitement for marriage.. for someone to really love. i miss you tons, but you already know that. i am glad for our discussions.

love- Tishey :)

Morgan said...

I know what you mean about wanting to share. I feel so strongly connected to my dear high school friends, you included. We have the best group I could possibly imagine, and I love every one of us in unique and powerful ways. Being with you makes me feel so happy in ways I can't explain :) it strengthens my heart, for sure.

Jennifer said...

growing up. how odd. the thing i'm loving about this is how we're still all growing up together, even if we're a little more spread out these days. how often does that happen? we're so lucky!